Of apple tops and brownies (NOT breakfast fare)


choco chip cookies with apple

Since the choco chip cookies have been consumed and surprisingly fast, I decided to give it another go. In fact D has been asking for them for breakfast! (No, I am not recommending them as breakfast food!)
D isn't the only culprit. It's so convenient to have them on hand that we've been snackin' on them throughout the week. Uh-oh, I can forsee that crunches aren't going to be enough to keep that butter off my thighs.
chocolate cookies with white chocolate
In an attempt to add to my repertoire, I tried two variations. One was serendipity - adding a teaspoon of cinnamon to the basic choco chip cookie recipe then placing sliced apples on top, and sprinkling with more cinnamon. This wasn't at all planned as D was chomping on an apple while I was baking. It turned out pretty good - the apple was chewy and sweet and gave some freshness to the cookie.

The second one, Martha Stewart suggested - replacing 1 cup flour with unsweetened cocoa powder to make double chocolate chip cookies. But instead of choco chips/chunks, we added white chocolate chunks. I was a little iffy with how these turned out, but Y loved them! Since cocoa powder is so fine, the consistency of the cookie was much denser and moister. But it is really chocolately and the white chocolate is a nice twist.

And because I can be forgetful after sweating it out mixing up batter (still no electric mixer, Y, hint hint), I forgot to take a photo of the nice contrast the two cookie variations.

I also modified the basic recipe a bit by reducing the light brown sugar to 3/4 cup instead of 1 cup. So you definitely know, this ain't breakfast fare. Sugar highs early in the morning aren't desired unless you really really need to get something under an hour. Like clean out the oven maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
  • aloi means yummy
  • +