Samosa ... so good!


We needed some flour for our birthday tart and we hied off to our favorite place for whole wheat flour (and other Indian goodies) at Assad Mini Mart. Look at these vegetable samosas! A sweet deal at just 8 pesos each, they are freshly fried and are just piled up in the bakery section. You can't just buy one! In fact we bought 10 pieces straight up and they smouldered in the paper bag which we got to go.

At home, I laid them out for their photo shoot. It's love at first crunch. And then you get that savory center of potatoes, onions and peas flavored with that to-die-for cumin flavor (running into some cumin seeds too) with just the right bit of heat. Balance off the subtle heat by piling on some of that sweet, savory sauce and ... ah, it hits the spot!

Samosas are a common snack in Southeast Asia, but I've always associated them with India (and our version - think empanada in the Philippines). These samosas are all veggies, but they could very well be filled with meat or fish. These go wonderfully with some chutney - mango, mint, coriander or tamarind. Then there are also the samosas for those with a sweet tooth.

To further enjoy your Indian snack, pair with some chai or teh tahrik or some other tea or coffee.

I finished off three pieces in one sitting. Got that feeling of trying to "taste" them, and end up eating one more, and another. If I hadn't felt a little full I think I couldn't have stopped eating. I also didn't have much dinner, but the samosas were well worth it!

P.S. As usual I forgot to bring the camera (for the nth time) so I did the next best thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
  • aloi means yummy
  • +