We'll take any reason to go back and eat the yummy organic fare at the Dandelion Eatery! Well, a post-84th birthday bash of my grandfather was THE great opportunity to sample their dinner menu.
Having a serious love for salmon, he and Roel immediately latched onto the wild pink salmon dinner. It was a fabulously rich dish of wild pink salmon swimming in saffron cream and topped with fresh veggies and potatoes. Lolo had his favorite vanilla creme soda with it and Roel had another of Dandelion's famous fruit shakes.
Lola had ordered a ceasar salad with some organic chicken, Benil had an Organza salad with organic chicken strips which (as usual) was shared with energetic little Jamille. Since Mima was sitting on the other end of the table, I couldn't get a shot of her pan-fried trout with a side salad.
Since I am in another country, I wanted something I would otherwise not be able to eat in the Philippines (hey, I never thought I could get my fill of wild pink salmon, but somehow I did). So I went for their Shepherd's Pie which is stewed bison ribs, tasty and tender and removed from the bone, and piled up with some light mashed potatoes. More veggies on the side.
I couldn't bear to leave without trying one of their desserts, but everyone was just so stuffed, we just shared this scrumptious yet light blueberry apple gallette topped with some lemon ginger whipped cream. It's a good thing I had some
yerba buena tea or I think I would have suffered some serious indigestion!
2-230 Osborne St.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Tel. (204) 4535755
URL:
Dandelion Eatery
No comments:
Post a Comment