I always enjoy tasting new things in strange places. And here's a great place to get all-Indonesian snacks ... spicy, crunchy, sweet, addictive ... in Bogor. It's enough to get the kid in me jumping around!
Everything is by bought by weight! We went away with bags of our favorite dodol and sumpia udang. Dodol is the Indonesian version of kalamay, sweet and chewy and all naturally fruit flavored (I tasted strawberry, guyabano, pineapple).
Sumpia udang is deep fried mini shrimp lumpia. Great with a glass of beer.
I also bought Aneka (brand) deep fried leaves. What type of leaves, I have no idea, but they were light and crispy and ... leafy. Hahaha!
Click on the photo for more notes. I left all those lovely colored candies well alone. But I tried a few ... couldn't resist!
P.S. My friend swore she would not buy anything. Not.
No comments:
Post a Comment