"What dreadful hot weather we have! It keeps me in a continual state of inelegance." - Jane Austen, Letter of September 18, 1796
Isn't is too hot for words? Even just sitting down, I can feel the sweat oozing out of my pores with a vengeance. And even breathing is a chore, like breathing through a wet sponge.
And I really wouldn't care about being inelegant if I can eat this watermelon all day. These watermelon slices are just begging to be eaten, like Alice's proverbial mushrooms, maybe these will make me bigger (oh please no) or smaller (more hopeful on the latter). I think"eating" in this case would be an understatement ... I can't help but take huge bites and gulp-slurp-chew the chunks. Straight from the fridge, the sweet juices are better than drinking cold water.
If you can't tell, this watermelon is actually of the seedless variety. I hear they are all the rage these days, in a time where people are just to lazy to pick out those seeds. They go for about 100 pesos per piece (much much bigger than your head, and heavier to boot). It's a misconception though that they are totally seedless, as there are tiny soft white seeds still there. But they are neglible, and you can gulp-slurp-chew without even taking breath if you are up to it.
Stay cool everyone. Buy yourself a watermelon!
No comments:
Post a Comment