Goulash!

goulash!


I don't know why I imagine goulash would be something horrendous. Probably because it sounds somewhat like galoshes. Had a teensy taste of sis's goulash on pasta, and ... yum! The spicy beef stew was tasty and had just enough kick to keep it from being "ordinary" beef stew. The guy smiling in the back was selling those lovely Swiss chocolates. And I had a delectable slice of apricot cake which looked so much sweeter and heavier thanit actually was.

So it was a combined Bavarian, Austrian and Swiss experience at the Alpine Pavilion of Winnipeg's Folklorama. The show was festive, interactive, and funny! They say: "You should know a little German." Definitely ... (go look in left photo below and believe me, I know "a little German"! No? Click on photo and look for my note!)

a little german?alphorn

And a quick demonstration of the musical instrument called the alphorn. (pronounced alp horn). How did it sound? Somewhat like a brass horn would sound, but deeper and with a smoother sound. Apparently the sound goes long distances. Did you know that there are very few alphorn makers these days and one alphorn can go for as much $3000! For a better photo, look here.Yodelling, dancing, chanting, laughing. Did you like the Alpine experience? Ja, ja, ja.

dizzying!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
  • aloi means yummy
  • +