Lunch amidst the Dandelion(s)

Second day in Winnipeg and knowing my penchant for the elusive all-organic restos in the Philippines, sister and bro-in-law treated me to lunch at Dandelion Eatery, an all-organic restaurant. (Note: nothing like our eateries in the Philippines which connote turu-turo style eating).




Dandelion is right smack next to Organza Market , which seems like a huge Healthy Options store in Metro Manila. But with organic fresh fruits and veggies. And fresh breads. And organic herbs in pots for sale. And everything else in between. So after you enjoy your meal, hop on over to Organza to get your all organic and all natural groceries.



Well, on to lunch! A round of drinks was a vanilla creme soda for me, freshly squeezed orange-strawberry juice for Roel, and, again, freshly squeezed apple lemonade for Benil.

Benil shared a whole wheat pizza with Jamille. And since I gravitate to anything with seafood. And since I am in the land of pink salmon, I got the seafood clubhouse sandwich (wild pink salmon and shrimp) with a deliously fresh, crisp side salad. Roel had the special for the day - a huge bowl of chili with a salad and some bread.

Interiors are warm, inviting and tastefully decorated in oranges and greens. And that signature dandelion flower. The prices aren't bad either, as we got our entire meal for close to C$40, tax inclusive.

Friendly service and some chit chat with the waitress revealed Dandelion opened last December 2005 and apparently has gained quite a following among the healthy living residents of Winnipeg, Manitoba. And rightly so, because great natural flavors shine through the simply prepared dishes! I think I'll recreate their dishes (you too, go visit their website for recipes) when I get back home.

Dandelion Eatery
2-230 Osborne St.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Tel. (204) 4535755
URL: Dandelion Eatery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
  • aloi means yummy
  • +