Funny how small the place actually is when you come in. From the road, it seems like a huge restaurant. Actually it has a diner feel to it, which is fine by me. Some people may find it annoying to hear the conversations of those in the next table, but it lends to the sleepy feel of the place, along with 2-year old Jamille high-fiving the ladies in the next table. Or was it because it was sweltering outside?
Look at my classic gyro platter! Both Roel and I got the same thing. Well it is a gyros place, so best try 'em!
Start off with the salad of iceberg lettuce with tomatoes and calamata olives, and a generous helping of feta cheese. After a few mouthfuls I found the cheese starting to get too salty, so I moved on to a few sticks of those yummy spicy fries, hot and crisp!
But hang on, did I say that this entire plate is worth every single buck of the $10 (yes, $10 for all this)? Now that is definitely $10 spent wisely, especially if you factor in that I bagged half the fries and half my gyro for a late night snack.
Nikos Restaurant
740 Corydon Ave.
Winnipeg, MB
Canada
No comments:
Post a Comment