Our first arugula leaves





Finally we reaped the fruits of our labor from the Greenhearts expedition. Crisp, fresh, organic ... these leaves are straight from the garden!

Arugula or rocket. I first encountered it in a packet of Gourmet brand organic greens, tossed with iceberg lettuce and some lollo rosas (about 50 pesos in most grocery stores). But since it has such an unusual taste, I spat the stuff out, thinking it was a weed! I encountered it again in Jamie Oliver's recipes. And knowing how to prepare them, those tasteless iceberg lettuce leaves just can't compare to this nutty variation. The minimum would be to dress it with some lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Or add some more herbs and stuff and made that fantabulous arugula and dill salad we whipped up a while back? Either way, arugula stands its ground!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
  • aloi means yummy
  • +