I need a spice rack (no, a new kitchen)

By no means is my kitchen a thing of beauty. It's more functional than pretty, and we manage. For one, it's extremely small and cramped. Put me and Yeng together we have a muddle of asses bumping against each other, and crisscrossed arms.

Thought I'd start up a new category here. Stuff that I want to buy (or have bought) for the kitchen, for cooking and serving.

Item 1 would have to be a spice rack. My spice rack is insanely mussed. I've saved all those little green-topped bottles of McCormick and lined them up on a stand alone little shelf. Of course the bottles are falling this way and that. And I am the only one who can figure out what's inside them (no labels!)

If you saw the stuff we bought from Assad, some of it is still in its packaging. I had to stuff the spices in an empty plastic container for the timebeing. It enjoyed a month languishing in the original plastic bag atop one of the benches. I admit that it's because of a lack of organization.

Here's a really nice spice rack (click on the photo for full photo, description and pricing). Though my complaint would be that I can't just have one of them! I probably need five or six lined up. I've lined up three and think it looks pretty good. According to the site that sells it, it's got magnets on the base and can be mounted on the wall or fridge! So am imagining them lined up under one of the shelves. The covers are see-through so no mistaking the contents either.



I'll be posting more interesting stuff as I discover them. Oh, it's Mother's Day! Happy day to me, and every mom out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
  • aloi means yummy
  • +