With summer around the corner, it’s getting really hot. To cope, I’ve been eating ice-cream. I think I am developing an obsession for Arce Dairy’s products. Each time we pass the ice cream section, I’ve been grabbing up the unusual flavours.
But this by far is one of my top picks. A bowl of ice? Not too far off ... sherbet! Buco lechias. Buco is young coconut. Lechias is lychee. Imagine iced buco juice with a few strips of young coconut and bits of lychees. Sweet, succulent ... and so refreshing for these hot days!
I don’t know if it’s less fattening, at the rate I’ve been eating it though. (Especially since I eat ice cream too). D elicits giggles from her cousins when she starts yelling for her bowl of buco LECHAS! She strangely prefers it over ice cream.
Was chatting with mommy while we were having a bowl each of buco lechias sherbet after another leisurely dinner. She remembers that as a child that were street hawkers of sherbet. Kind of like those bringing around taho to your doorstep. I wonder what happened to those?
I’ve got this on my list of things to do: make my own sherbet. Because I doubt half a gallon really costs 190 pesos!
No comments:
Post a Comment